Thursday, November 11, 2010

Texas Natural Resources Project - Due November 30, 2010

Natural Resources – Project

Hello Parents/Guardians,

This week we beginning our Earth Science Objectives and we are beginning with Natural Resources. I am asking that each student create a 3-D poster (or any medium you decide that would be best) of Natural Resources found in Texas. They will need to really research and be creative. This assignment will be due November 30, 2010. The rubric will be on the back of this sheet. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know as soon as possible.

Please make sure the students work hard and create something presentable. This will be a major Science grade that will count twice for each student.

I am asking that the projects be completed and turned in by November 30, 2010.

Please sign below acknowledging that you are aware of your child’s assignment. Please see me as soon as you can in order to answer any questions you may have. My conference period is Mon-Thursday 8:30 am – 9:15 am.


THINGS TO FOCUS ON FOR THE PROJECT:

Inexhaustible Resources
Renewable Resources
Non-Renewable Resources
I want your child to be creative.  Include the areas where the resources are found.  For instance there's oil in Texas, where could the oil be found?  How could you represent oil (in 3D) on your poster?  What type of resource is Oil? (Explain) What else do you know about oil?

I don't want it to be time consuming or difficult for my students.  I want them to research and have fun with there learning.  This will be a great way for the students to learn more about Texas and our Natural Resources. 


The Rubric: (Click on picture to blow up rubric) Your goal is to have all 4's.  This will give you 100 points.

No comments: